Monday, November 28, 2011

2011 Thanksgiving Recap

I had a wonderful Thanksgiving this year!  I only took photos of my family’s Thanksgiving, but we did get to spend time with Mr. Converse Sneakers’ family as well, which was wonderful.  Since Mr. CS had to work Thanksgiving, he got Friday through Monday off!  He never gets that many days off, so it was much appreciated and much utilized.  We got to spend a long weekend back in our hometown which we hadn’t been back to since our wedding in August.

My family holidays involve lots of game-playing with my dad and brother.

thanks1

thanks3

This year, I brought down Catchphrase, which was a wedding present.  I’m pretty sure I’m the only one who likes that game, but we spend a couple hours guessing the words after much pleading on my part.

thanks4

When we weren’t playing games, we were taking advantage of our time visiting Mr. Stewart Wallace, the world’s hardest-to-photograph dog.

thanks2

My mom set a beautiful and simple harvest table.  It was perfect!

thanks5

But, the food, oh the food, was beyond amazing.

thanks6

Brocolli casserole, mashed potatoes, turkey, cranberry apple stuffing, homemade potato rolls, squash and apple bake, pumpkin pie, and apple dumplings!  We even had an appetizer supper with little smokies, meatball, and bacon-wrapped chicken bites.  Let’s just say I came home heavier than I was when I arrived, and that’s more than okay with me!

thanks7

I have so much to be thankful for.

thanks8

4 comments:

  1. Catchphrase is one of my favorite games and I usually have to beg and plead to get my family to play it with me too :)

    Your mom's table setting is beautiful! I really like that bread basket :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a beautiful thanksgiving in every way.
    God Bless Everyone! I am very thankful for my family and the bounty on the table!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I am a little crazy sometimes (it's probably the red hair), but I would really appreciate if you would leave a comment. I love getting to know my readers and reading what everyone is thinking! - Mrs. Ruffled Flats

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...