Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!

Technically Thanksgiving is tomorrow, but I’m cutting this week short and wishing you all a happy Thanksgiving today since the next couple days will be full or relaxing, eating a lot, and getting ready for my first Christmas with the love of my life.  I can’t wait!

A couple weeks ago I wrote about ten reasons why I’m thankful for winter even though I normally curse at the sight of snow because it’s a good happen to think about what you are grateful for.

Here are the ten things I’m insanely thankful for right now:

San SarahWed440

1. My husband.  I have dreamed of being married to my knight since I was a little girl, but honestly, the dreams I had for marriage were nowhere near as fulfilling and beautiful as our marriage actually is.  I never could have imagined I would be this happy.  I sometimes cry just thinking about how lucky I am to have found such a sweet, kind husband who loves me just as much as I love him

San SarahWed271


2. My family.  My family grew very large this year by marrying my husband and now I have all of these extra wonderful people to love as aunts, uncles, parents, etc.  It’s an amazing feeling to know we are supported by those related to us and to know we can turn to them at any time.  We both feel very lucky to have married into each other’s families.



3. My friends.  The sad part about getting married and graduating from my undergrad studies is that I don’t get to see my friends very much.  I don’t get to travel to my hometown often (haven’t since our wedding) and my friends from college don’t live very close, so it’s hard to get together.  I’m still incredibly thankful to have them in my life and won’t let the distance tear us apart.

4. The Lord’s guidance.  I have been working a lot on listening more to God to see what he wants from me.  I’m finding that it’s not the easiest thing to do, but so far, I think it’s working.  I’m thankful to have Him guiding me down His path.

1030101328

5. My creativity.  I love all things creative, even thought I may not be good at all of them.  Nothing is more thrilling to me than a stack of scrapbook paper just waiting to be cut up and made into something.  This year I am thankful to have a large creative streak inside of myself that I am able to use to find enjoyment in my life.

[DSC_0012%255B10%255D.jpg]

6. Financial stability.  I’m learning we probably will never be able to afford everything we think we need (but actually only really want).  We are blessed to both be working, especially with me in grad school, and are incredibly grateful we never have to scramble to make our payments or cut major things out of our life.

Christine_Lynden_63


7. My photography business.  Although I started it at the opposite of a prime time with winter becoming the stalemate for natural light photography, I have received tons of interest from people I know.  Next year is going to be a big year for both my teaching and photography careers.  I’m so nervous, but so grateful to refine my passion and make some money at it in the process!

DSC01998
Circa 2007 in his culinary school days.

8. My husband’s career.  Honestly, I would much rather slave away my whole life doing something I don’t like than to have my husband do the same.  Hopefully, neither of us will have to do that, but I will take the fall if it came down to it.  He absolutely loves his job, which warms my heart.  He followed his dreams and they are coming true right before my eyes.  It’s amazing to watch.

9. A LONG fall.  Not until this past Saturday did we see even a flake of snow.  It’s been amazing having such a long stretch of warm weather.  I may even admit that seeing the snow was an almost-joyous experience when I looked out the window Saturday morning.  Almost.

10. Forgiveness.  Although Easter is the ultimate holiday for reflecting on salvation and forgiveness, I find Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on the year and all the things I wish I would have done differently.  Following the Lord’s path is never easy, but growth is what it’s all about!  I’m so thankful to have a Creator who loves us so much that He allows us to fall and forgives us for our wrongdoings.  I try not to have many wrongdoings, but I find that it’s pretty impossible.

So many things to be thankful for!  This list could go on into the thousands, I’m sure.  I think it could for anyone – it’s just about looking at the positive and blocking out the negative.

What are you thankful for this Thanksgiving?

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful for God's love, family,friends,home,abilities,and a grateful heart. Happy Thanksgiving to you all too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I am a little crazy sometimes (it's probably the red hair), but I would really appreciate if you would leave a comment. I love getting to know my readers and reading what everyone is thinking! - Mrs. Ruffled Flats

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...