Here are some things that would be on my must-buy or must-ask-for if I ever had the chance to write anything down I wanted. Okay, not anything, anything somewhat reasonable, I’ll say. I’ve mixed in things that I could afford to buy as well but haven’t gotten around to it yet.
FOR MY PHOTOGRAPHY DESIRES
I don’t think a photographer’s want for a different kind of lens ever ends. Considering I only have two prime lenses, I am seriously drooling over a macro, wide angle, and telephoto zoom lens. I also would like to add a flash to my camera bag for helping light up weddings as well as any indoor darkly lit rooms. For natural light, I would love to have some inexpensive reflectors to get the light moving where I want it to.
- Adorama 32” Circular Collapsible Disc Reflector – $11.95
- Canon 430EX II Speedlite TTL Shoe-Mount Flash – $264.00
- Canon EF 28mm f/1.8 USM Wide Angle Lens – $484.00
- Canon Telephoto EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro Lens – $529.00
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Telephoto Zoom Lens – $2,199.00
FOR MY CLOSET
Although I normally thrift shop for my clothes, I do find tons of clothes online that I would love to add to my wardrobe. On my wishlist are all things I could dress up or dress down,depending on the occasion. Most of these are teacher-friendly as well (especially that adorable yellow blazer) which is perfect for me!
- Truly Yours Strawberry Dress – $79.99
- Kenzie Flower Brooch Blazer – $49.99
- Gondola Romance Ruffle Top – $41.99
- Vocal Celebrity Skirt – $103.99
FOR MY FEETSIES
I’m horrible when it comes to winter shoes. I forget about winter and then am left with only one pair of shoes I actually like to wear all six months of torture season. I love the two boots pictured on the left for everyday and dressing up, the polka dot rain boots for, well, when it rains, and then the flats because I’m obsessed with flats. The red heart ones remind me of the flats I wore on our wedding day. Ahhhh – so sweet!
- Navy Slouchy Flat Boots – $29.99
- Tan Tall Buckle Boots – out of stock :(
- Ditsy Dots Rain Boots – $34.95
- Veranda Floral Flats in Yellow – $29.99
- Beating Hearts Red Orange Flats – $72.99
FOR OUR CRIB
Limiting this wishlist to just five items was hard. We have money to buy a Kitchenaid mixer left over from our wedding, but since Mr. Converse Sneakers is kind of a food snob (sorry, Babe), he wants one to his exact specifications which is impossible to find at the moment. If I had my way, I’d go with the ice colored one! I have been pining after a Bridgewater-esque sofa for quite some time – the one pictured is glorious! I don’t know how anyone could not love Michelle Armas’ art – I’d buy one in a heartbeat if we had the funds. We’ve been on the lookout for cute, quirky bookends for our bookcase and I have wanted some candleholders to switch out our table from time to time.
- Ice Blue Artisan Tilt-Head Stand Mixer – $349.99
- Carlisle Apartment Sofa in Cream Twill – $1,499.00
- Zombie Jeeves Painting – $1,600.00
- White Owl Resin Bookends – $39.95
- Aquamarine Mariposa Pillar Holder – $12.95
FOR MY GEEKY-DORKY SIDE
I am pretty much a bonafide dork, so I wouldn’t be surprised if you thought all of my wishlists fit under the “geeky-dorky” title. However, if they were semi-geeky/dorky, this one is completely overblown geeky-dorky. I mean, sure bulldogs and Photoshop are cool, but a heart pendant with my husband’s and my fingerprints? That’s just weird, but secretly really awesome in my book. I would love an aqua beach cruiser to scoot around snowy MN on, and I literally spend days and weeks searching for my yearly planner, and this awesomely striped one completely fits the bill. And, who wouldn't want a squishy-faced bulldog? I will admit, I thought they were pretty ugly for a couple years, but my awesome hubby man persuaded me to believe they are the cutest dogs ever. Once we have a house, we plan on buying one (no dogs allowed in our current apartment). Can't wait! We already have some names picked out . . . Now tell me that's not dorky!
- Firmstrong Diva Beach Cruiser – $179.99
- Photoshop CS5 (Teacher/Student edition) – Price varies
- 2012 Taffy Stripes Life Planner (multicolor) – $50.00
- Double Thumbprints Pendant – $195.00
- Baby Bulldog – Priceless
There you have it! I would be ecstatic if I got anything on this list! This was more of a guide for me to know what I want to purchase in the coming years, but I would not mind if anyone (hintMr.CShint) were to use this giant wishlist as a reference next time he (or she) went shopping for a certain redhead.
I’m dying to know – what’s on your wishlist this year? What would you ask for if you could have anything?