In case you are interested (who am I kidding – I’ll blab and ramble on and on whether you are interested or not), here are some of our first year Christmas traditions that we hope to continue every year, especially when we have little redheaded Asian babies running around:
- Make a video of ourselves putting up the Christmas tree the weekend after Thanksgiving. See this year’s video here.
- Make a video with a recap of the year and ten things we are thankful for. This will be posted later this week.
- Drive around to look at the Christmas lights.
- Hold a Christmas family movie night. I couldn’t find all of our Christmas movies (the horror) but I’m sure they’ll show up eventually.
- Buy one present for ourselves for Christmas that will enrich our marriage in some way. This year, we’re thinking of maybe a book on marriage, a cookbook, or dance lessons.
- Buy a special ornament that symbolizes what we did that year. Read about this year’s here.
- Read Christmas stories.
- Set goals for the next year. I’ll be posting a video of our goals before the end of the month.
- Send a holiday card. Read about this year’s Christmas card here.
- Make Christmas cookies.
- Take a family photo in front of the tree. We didn’t plan to match the tree!
We have come up with some other traditions as well we might start doing once we have kids or maybe next year when I’m not finishing projects and taking finals the week before Christmas. I’m so excited to be involved in making traditions and executing them and look forward to expanding and growing these traditions over the years.
What are your favorite Christmas traditions?