Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Mr. Converse Sneaker’s Birthday Recap

WOW!  This weekend was hectic but every second was extremely fun and worthwhile.  Last year, on my hubby man’s birthday, Minnesota decided to drop a million inches of snow on us so that we would be trapped wherever we were with no escape (except for with a trusty Subaru like I’ve got).  Unfortunately, that meant his party had to be cancelled, so instead we made a little feast and I finished up final papers.  This year, the weather has been awfully good to us, so I decided to take advantage of the clear skies and go all out for his 23rd birthday.

Friday night we went to one of our favorite bar and grills called Shamrock’s in St. Paul where we went for his 21st birthday.  He has wanted to give the “Nookie Challenge” a try (The Nook is Shamrock’s brother restaurant) for a few years, so he chose his birthday as the perfect opportunity.  This challenge involves eating two Nookie supremes (HUGE double cheeseburgers) and all the fries that come with each single entrée.  Let’s just say he fulfilled the challenge but it was painful to watch.

The evidence:

san_23_bday17

san_23_bday20

san_23_bday21

san_23_bday27

san_23_bday29

Both of these burgers were his:

san_23_bday31

I ordered just one Nookie Supreme with fries (he had double what I had in the photo below):

san_23_bday34

I’m pretty sure his face would look the same if he saw a herd of zombies heading his way:

san_23_bday33

It was very painful to watch.  He wouldn’t let me touch him to comfort him or even give him one of my signature pep talks.  He only had four fries left in the photo below but I honestly thought he was going to give up at the point.

san_23_bday39

But, my man isn’t one to back down from a challenge.  I don’t think he looks proud enough in the photo below, but once he woke up from his food coma he was pretty proud!

san_23_bday40

I let him open his present the day before his birthday – I got him a Wushtof knife he’s been wanting for some time.

san_23_bday4

san_23_bday8

san_23_bday9

I am pretty sure he loves it.  Pretty sure.  Just to be on the safe side, I was the backup present:

san_23_bday13

Just kidding, but I had to take the photos just for fun.

Saturday morning I got up early to make him banana chocolate chip pancakes with chocolate maple syrup.  They were heavenly.

san_23_bday41

san_23_bday42

We went to a nearby mall for the first time and did most of our Christmas shopping before coming home to another feast I had prepared from scratch: barbecue pulled pork sandwiches and macaroni and cheese.

san_23_bday52

He had a Fat Tire beer with his because he’s manly like that.  I had water because I’m a woos like that and hate beer.

san_23_bday53

We finished the day off with a homemade carrot cake and homemade cream cheese frosting.  I stress the homemade since I’ve never made a cake by myself from scratch before and have never made frosting.  We don’t have any kind of mixer, so whipping the frosting was a workout, but it was delicious.  I definitely did a solo serenade for my lovely husband which made him turn bright red.

san_23_bday54_cropped

san_23_bday55

san_23_bday56

san_23_bday59

san_23_bday60

Sunday ended the weekend perfectly since we went to our favorite church which we decided to make our home church, wrapped presents, made some videos for the blog (coming soon), and relaxed while eating leftovers from the day before.

It was the perfect birthday weekend.  I loved not doing any homework (although I slaved away to get it done early last week) and getting to focus all of my attention on the man of my dreams.  I’m already scheming of what I want to do for his birthday next year. I can’t wait!

What did you do this weekend?

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I love Shammies. We actually had our groom's dinner there. We used to go a lot as it was in walking distance from where Jesse lived before we moved in together. And we always celebrate St. Patty's Day there. Many great memories. Haven't done the Nookie challenge, though. I usually order just one, and Jesse pigs out on the Paul Mollitor (sp?). Cheese curds are good too. Looks like you had a fun weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Men are so funny when it comes to a food challenge! I can just see my husband trying to eat all of that, must be a man thing. You sure did spoil that man of yours this weekend! Glad you all had a good time. I spent the weekend sorting through storage looking for the Christmas decorations that I wanted for this year. Got my work out! Ha Ha.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I am a little crazy sometimes (it's probably the red hair), but I would really appreciate if you would leave a comment. I love getting to know my readers and reading what everyone is thinking! - Mrs. Ruffled Flats

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...