Monday, December 5, 2011

A Free Blue Christmas Tablescape

My love of all things blue, especially around Christmas time continues with a blue Christmas tablescape.  What’s even better than the blues that I love is that everything included in this tablescape was free, meaning I shopped around our home for anything I could find that would make a simple yet beautiful holiday tablescape.  When I did buy these items, I believe only two item were bought at full price – keep reading to find out what they are and where I got everything else.

Here is what I came up with:

table1

table7

Items used:
  • White tablecloth (Target – full price)
  • Ruffled Pier 1 placemats (garage sale)
  • Black napkins (wedding gift)
  • Frosted silverware (wedding gift)
  • Dinner plates (hand-me-downs from my parents)
  • White bread plates (wedding gift)
  • Blue glitter snowflake photo holders (Craigslist)
  • Silver tray (estate sale)
  • Blue pedestal bowl (garage sale – my most beloved and versatile item)
  • Blue mason jar (estate sale)
  • Candle (Target – full price)
  • Scottie salt and pepper shakers (funky décor store – on clearance)
  • Dried yellow billy balls flowers (leftover from our wedding)
  • Scarf (had for years – probably a gift)
  • Silver ornaments (Craigslist)

I love shopping our own home for items to repurpose!  We don’t have a lot of stuff, especially for decorating tables, but I think I did a good job coming up with a simple, vibrant, happy Christmas tablescape.  Let’s look at more photos!

table2

I corralled some of my favorite things on the little silver tray to add some glitz and glam and to reflect that beautiful blue I adore.  Seriously, I love my blue pedestal bowl more and more each time I see it, which is every single day.  I would buy ten of them if I could and use them everywhere!  I love how it looks piled high with shiny silver ornaments.

table3

table4

I designed the whole tablescape around these blue snowflake card holders.  I thought they would make the cutest little name card holders for a Christmas table.  I think I was right!  I love that they bring in a different shade of blue.  In case you are wondering, San is my hubby’s name, AKA Mr. Converse Sneakers because that’s just much more fun to write in every post!

table5

I have been in love with Scotties ever since my parents welcomed one into their home when I was in high school, about 7 years ago.  His name is Stewart Wallace and he is the cutest dog I’ve ever seen.  I could not pass up these Scottie salt and paper shakers (yes, Scotties can be white as well – Westies are groomed differently) when I saw them a few years ago in a funky décor shop on clearance.  I joke with Mr. Converse Sneakers (see way more fun than saying “my husband”) that Westies steal the spotlight in commercials and other media outlets most of the year, but Scotties make their comeback every Christmas.  I see them everywhere this time of year, on pajamas, art, commercials, logos, ornaments, stockings, tree skirts, movies, and so much more, so I had to include them in my funky little tablescape.

table6

We don’t have a full table set of nice dishes, so I mixed and matched using our everyday ceramic tan dinner plates and our Corelle bread plates that have a little blue and green heart/flower design around the edge.  I thought white on white looked a little boring anyway, so the tan plate was perfect!

table8

It’s hard to see in the photos, but I draped a semi-transparent beige sparkly scarf down the middle of the table as a runner to add to the layers of brown and tan found in the dinner plates and ruffled placemats.  I went with black napkins since the only other color we have is orange, and I thought it could tie in with the black Scottie pepper shaker.

When I visited my parents over Thanksgiving, my mom gave me the dried billy balls flowers left over from our wedding.  I was heartbroken when we threw the rest of the flowers away, so I am beyond ecstatic to have these little remnants to keep forever.  I couldn’t help but include them in this tablescape because I can never get enough of little yellow bursts of happiness, even for Christmas!  I kept them in a blue mason jar to keep with the blue theme.

So, would you let me treat you to a Christmas feast at our cozy little Christmas table?  I’d probably serve some homemade mac and cheese to bring more yellow into the tablescape – oh wait, it’s kind of weird to match dinner to your table isn’t it?  Well I’d whip you up something cozy, hearty, and wonderful and then we could play some games!  Whaddya say?

Are you decorating your table for Christmas?  What does it look like?

Linking up to: No Minimalist HereMichaela Noelle Designs

The Lettered Cottage

Home Stories A2Z

9 comments:

  1. sarah this is simply sweet. loving the billy ball flowers. that is one of my favorite colors too. Use what you have and you did and it looks beautiful! way to go:)
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and cozy. Love the salt and pepper shakers and the pop of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! Love the blue!
    Melody
    Chattychics.com
    PS We're having a jewelry giveaway if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really love the Blue Snowflakes! What a great idea. They really set the festive move and go great with the silver! Of course I love the Scotties!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so cute! and your photos are great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is beautiful! I LOVE your tablescape! The ornaments in the blue dish look gorgeous! 8 bloggers are hosting a Blog around the Christmas Tree Party and today's feature is Christmas Scapes! I'd love to have you join up, the party is just beginning!
    http://www.itsoverflowing.com/2011/12/christmas-blog-link-party-christmas.html

    XO,
    Aimee from ItsOverflowing.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. VERY pretty, Sarah!

    And lovely photography! Well done, woman! ; )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I am a little crazy sometimes (it's probably the red hair), but I would really appreciate if you would leave a comment. I love getting to know my readers and reading what everyone is thinking! - Mrs. Ruffled Flats

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...