Monday, January 23, 2012

The Scariest Day of My Life

I am very tired and stressed, but I wanted to update you all on our house search.  Yesterday, we put in an offer on what may be the world’s cutest house.  We saw it a few days ago and knew we had to see it.  If it looked anything like the photos online, we were going to try for it.

It did not go as planned.

It is a short sale, so the seller did not want to negotiate, which led to panic and a lot of calling back and forth with a mortgage consultant, knowing that many others were writing up offers on the house.

I am not sure if they have considered our offer and will not know (if they do decide to even consider it) if they accepted it until probably a month from now.  We went into it thinking we could get a lower price, but the seller would not even consider anything but full asking price (which is already a bargain for this house but still more than we wanted to pay).

I will keep you posted as the time goes on.  Right now, I just need to not think about it.

So, I’ll let you think about it by showing you a tantalizing altered photo (just to be on the safe side).

house1

It’s basically our dream first house and has been updated to the max, so we really would not have to do anything (as long as the inspection goes well).

If you would like, we would greatly appreciate prayers that our offer gets accepted and everything goes smoothly.  After putting in one offer, I can honestly say I would rather not do this again for many years.  My heart can’t handle this kind of stress!

If we get it, we will definitely show more pictures, but until that time, I don’t want to do anything to risk or jinx us from getting the house.

Hope your weekend was stress free!

4 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, house buying is soooo stressful! We actually had an offer on another house and then found our loan person had screwed up (she had set us up for a loan that included extra money for renovations but we later discovered we didn't even qualify for it). We had to pull our offer, and it was messy and stressful. Oh, and they also found a ton of mold in the basement. Yuck. With the house we wound up buying, there were some last minute issues with electric stuff not being up to code and having to get things inspected again last minute. House buying was NOT a fun experience. But good luck to both of you! I too was sooooo very eager to get my own home. But it's a lot of work. More than I ever anticipated. So enjoy the time you have now too. Also you should email me with the city/area the house above is in (I wouldn't post that stuff on the Internet, just for safety). I have some great overlooked neighborhoods I can tell you about too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting, Sarah! Maybe this can be something you can write about as a guest post for The Blog Tap. I know that several of the readers are in this place in their life too. You could share a refreshing outlook. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers too. Is this house in the neighborhoods you were telling me about?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have heard short sales can be even more stressful than normal sales because you don't know anything for a long time. I would say that if it does not work out, it was not right for you and to keep on looking. Because a house is a huge investment, it is good to be more practical than emotional about it. I will pray that things work out for the best for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay, Sara, I have to admit that I was a bit relieved when I read your post after seeing your title...since I was somewhat expecting to hear that a psycho wielding a knife had come at you in the parking lot. : )

    But I do know about the stresses of house-buying, and I'll pray that you get this one if it's the Lord's will.

    P.S. Have you seen Downton Abbey? If not, RENT it! It's great!

    If so, as soon as you can, get Season 2 and take a gander at the character named Lavinia. She could practically be your twin.

    I saw her, came to your site immediately, and then showed your pic to my husband without saying a word, and he jumped and then leaned around the screen to stare at our tv and then back and your picture. His word was "uncanny." Just thought you might find that interesting! : )

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by! I am a little crazy sometimes (it's probably the red hair), but I would really appreciate if you would leave a comment. I love getting to know my readers and reading what everyone is thinking! - Mrs. Ruffled Flats

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...